|Customer Care Center|
Review this article:
Exchange mailbox may have multiple SMTP addresses. For outgoing messages Exchange server always uses the primary SMTP address. For example, John Doe has a mailbox with firstname.lastname@example.org primary SMTP address and email@example.com secondary smtp address. John Doe can easily receive the message addressed both to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, but he can not send the message as firstname.lastname@example.org because this behaviour is by design in Exchange server.
ChooseFromOWA for Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010 application allows users to send a message with any of their own SMTP addresses as the From address.
The application is a custom transport agent.
Current version: 188.8.131.52
This version can work only on Exchange 2007 SP1 with Update Rollup 4 or a later update rollup installed.
On your Exchange 2007/2010 Hub Transport Server or Edge server computer:
1. Select (or create) a user account that is a member of the local Administrators and Domain Users security group.
2. Log on as that user.
3. Create C:\Program Files\ChooseFromOWA2007\ directory.
4. Download ChooseFromOWA2007-Demo.zip archive file to C:\Program Files\ChooseFromOWA2007\ directory and extract all files.
5. Run ChooseFromOWA2007Setup.exe. Click Install button. Make sure that ChooseFromOWA2007 is appeared in the list of Transport agents. Click Enable button. Make sure that "Running" label exists in the status string.
6. Click Add button in "Message Classifications" frame. New window "Add new message classification" will appear. Click an arrow to expand "Display Name" list. You'll get the list of Exchange authoritative domains. Select any one. Click OK button to close the window. Make sure that "Message classifications" list is populated.
7. Click Exit button to close the program.
1. Make sure your mailbox has a non-default SMTP address that matches the message classification you have chosen while installation.
2. Open Exchange OWA and create a new mail message. Click "Message Classification" and select the classification you have created while installation.
3. Send your message to any external Internet address you can operate.
4. Receive the message you have just sent using any SMTP/POP3 e-mail client (for example, Outlook Express).
5. Check if the sender address (the From: field) is the same as the one you have saw on step #1.
We have tested ChooseFromOWA on Exchange 2007 SP2 (a single server that plays Hub Transport, Client Access and Mailbox roles) on Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition SP1.
The program also has been tested on Exchange 2010 Server SP1/SP2 on Windows Server 2008 Standard x64 Edition SP2.
ChooseFromOWA for Exchange 2007/2010 application can work only on Exchange 2007 SP1 with Update Rollup 4 or a later update rollup or a Service pack installed.
By default users can send as their own SMTP addresses only.
However, it is possible to bypass this limitation by creating a security group named SENDASANYONE and placing there the user accounts you wish to be able to send as anyone.
Run ChooseFromOWA2007Setup.exe. Hit "Delete All" button in "Message Classifications" frame. Click Uninstall button. Make sure that ChooseFromOWA2007 is not in the list of Transport agents. Click Exit button to close the program.
About this demo version.
ChooseFrom demo version adds "[ChooseFromOWA2007 DEMO]" to the Subject line of each message that has been sent from a non-default email address.
Q. I am about to purchase this product but I wondering regarding updates/patches. What are the policies regarding updates? Do you provide them freely or as a purchase?
A. As a registered user, you will get free updates for one year from the date of purchase.
Once the new version is ready, this information will be e-mailed to all registered users. We will send updates via e-mail to those who request them.
I have already ordered your software and want to view data relating to my order.
A. Just visit our Customer Care Center.
Licensing policy: the product is licensed on a per-Exchange server basis.
|Number of licenses||Individual price|
|From 1||EUR 450.00|
|All transactions are securely processed by our external registration providers.||Customer Care Center|
Site license covers a single organization in one location (building complex). If you purchase a site license, you may use the program in an unlimited number of your company's computers within this area.
Enterprise license covers all computers of single organization world-wide. If your company has many branches even with thousands of machines, Enterprise license covers them all.
Feel free to send us your comments and criticism.
|Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other email@example.com|