In Office 365 each user can control personal automatic reply settings (formerly “Out of Office assistant”).
Most businesses that use Office 365 have to generate auto replies for messages sent to common corporate addresses ([email protected], [email protected] etc.). Usually the companies use a combination of the shared mailbox and Outlook rule “Have server reply using a specific message”. However there are some disadvantages with this method:
- An auto-reply message is sending to the address that have been set in the From: address of original message. It ignores the Reply-To: address if it presents.
- The subject line of auto-reply message is always the same. It doesn’t correlate with the Subject line of original message.
- The body of auto-reply message does not include the original message text.
AutoReply flow has the following features:
- The subject line of auto-reply message consists of the prefix (“Confirmation:”, “Autoreply:” etc) and the Subject line of original message.
- If an original message has the Reply-To: address field then an auto-reply message will be sent to this address. If an original message has no the Reply-To: address field then an auto-reply message will be sent to the From: address of the original message.
- You can set any content of the auto-reply message.
- The body of auto-reply message includes the original message text.
The product is a MS Flow template.
Current version: 188.8.131.52
- Send a test message to [email protected] that contains “test” in Subject line.
- In 5 minutes you’ll get an auto-reply message.
This product can be used by any Office 365 user who can run Microsoft Flow.
This flow is designed to auto-reply to the messages that are received by Office 365 shared mailbox.
What you get after purchase
You’ll get a link to the file named autoreplyflow_shared_1001.zip. You have to download this file and then import it to your flows list as described here.