ShowAlias has been created to allow a user to see if an e-mail has been sent to his main (default) e-mail address or an alias address.
The utility is an Outlook COM add-in.
- Download ShowAlias.zip archive file to any folder on your workstation. Execute appropriate msi file and follow the instructions.
- Run Outlook. Select File > Options > Add-ins and make sure that ShowAlias exists in “Active Application Add-ins” list (1).
- In Outlook navigate to Inbox. Click VIEW (1) >View Settings (2) > Columns (3). Select “User-defined fields in Inbox” from the list (4). Select Received As field (5) and click Add button (6).Final result is shown below at right (7).
- From external address you can operate (i.e. [email protected]) send a test message to you default address and another test message to your alias address.
- Open the message sent to alias. Note there is the “Received as: …” field.
ShowAlias has been tested with Outlook 2010/2013/2016 32-bit versions.
Select Start > Control Panel. Select Programs and features. Select ShowAlias in the list. Right-click and select Uninstall. Follow the instructions.
|This application is free of charge if you are using it for your individual non-commercial purposes.Unfortunately, we cannot provide support services to users of freeware IvaSoft products.|
Difference between free and commercial versions
The commercial version can work with all Inboxes (assuming you have several ones). In contrast, the free version can work only with the default Inbox.
The commercial version has an Options tab: