Consider a firm ABC running Exchange 2000/2003. The Accounting department staff has their own mailboxes (firstname.lastname@example.org) and they are Outlook users. Their e-mail is handled through generic department distribution group (email@example.com), which ensures that all users receive each e-mail message. For internal mail they want to be able to send e-mail as each individual user, however when this user sends e-mail out of the office, the From address needs to be set to the address of the distribution group (firstname.lastname@example.org). This should be done automatically on Exchange server side.
Optionally, to send an external message personally, the user should set the message Sensitivity parameter to “Personal”, “Private” or “Confidential” .
Using SendAsGroup application would solve the problem.
Current version: 22.214.171.124
On your Exchange server computer:
1. Select (or create) a user account that is a member of the local Administrators, Domain Admins and Domain Users security groups.
2. Log on locally as that user.
3. Create C:\Program Files\SendAsGroup\ directory.
4. Download SendAsGroup-Demo.zip archive file to C:\Program Files\SendAsGroup\ directory and extract all files.
5. Run C:\Program Files\SendAsGroup\regSendAsGroup.bat.
1. Run the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in and create TestSendAsGroup distribution group. Do not forget to mark "Create an Exchange e-mail address" checkbox. Then add yourself into TestSendAsGroup. Add to Notes field on General tab the following text:
|SendAsGroup From: Other Address <OtherAddress@domain.com>|
I have tested SendAsGroup with Exchange 2000 SP1/SP2/SP3 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server and with Exchange 2003 SP1/SP2 on Windows Sever 2003.
1. Run C:\Program Files\SendAsGroup\unRegSendAsGroup.bat
2. Delete C:\Program Files\SendAsGroup\ directory.
About this demo version.
SendAsGroup demo version adds “[SendAsGroup DEMO]” to the Subject line of each message processed.
Q. How does SendAsGroup work, can I define multiple groups / addresses?
Does it use this behaviour for every group, or just the groups marked with "To use with SendAsGroup application"?
A. You can define multiple groups, but each user has to belong to one group.
SendAsGroup application works only with groups marked with "SendAsGroup" word.
Q. I am about to purchase this product but I wondering regarding updates/patches. What are the policies regarding updates? Do you provide them freely or as a purchase?
A. As a registered user, you will get free updates for one year from the date of purchase.
Once the new version is ready, this information will be e-mailed to all registered users. We will send updates via e-mail to those who request them.
I have already ordered your software and want to view data relating to my order.
A. Just visit our Customer Care Center.
|Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other email@example.com|