Suppose that an Outlook user has access to his personal mailbox and to the additional mailboxes (usually “Info” <[email protected]>, “Sales” <[email protected]> etc.) on Exchange server. He creates a new message and selects a shared mailbox address as the From address.
Problem: when he click on the Save button, the draft is saved in his personal Draft folder, not in the Draft folder of the shared mailbox.
This utility ensures that the message created with the second mailbox’s From address stay in the mailbox that it originated from after saving (i.e. it will be placed to Drafts folder of the second mailbox if you click Save).
Also you can easily see who was the original author of the message.
How it works
Current version: 126.96.36.199
CoolDraft utility scans sender address of each saved message in the main mailbox Drafts folder and in case it matches the additional mailbox name moves the message to the appropriate Drafts folder.
- Download CoolDraft2010.zip archive file to any folder on your workstation. If your Outlook is 32-bit, run CoolDraft2010Setup_per-user32.msi, otherwise CoolDraft2010Setup_per-user64.msi. Execute appropriate msi file and follow the instructions.
- Run Outlook. Select File > Options > Add-ins and make sure that CoolDraft2010 exists in “Active Application Add-ins”
CoolDraft software is distributed as a set of .msi packages and thus can be deployed to computers or users in the organization using Windows Group Policy Software Installation.
Let’s suppose that the primary mailbox name is “John Doe” and the additional mailbox name is “testuser1”.
- Run Outlook and click the New button to create a new message. Enable the “From:” field.
- Fill in the “From:” field with “testuser1”.
- Navigate to Testuser1 > Drafts. Make sure that the message you have just saved is placed there.
- Open View menu. Select View Settings. Click Columns… button.
Select All document fields from the list on bottom left corner of the form. Select Author field in the Available columns: list and press Add button. Click OK button to close Show Columns window. Click OK button to close Advance View Settings window.
Author column will be populated with “John Doe”, as John Doe is the original author of this message.
We have tested CoolDraft2010 with Outlook 2010/2013/2016 on Microsoft Windows 7/Windows 8. CoolDraft2010 can work with Office 365.
You can uninstall CoolDraft2010 using Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel.
Q. Is CoolDraft2010 free or paid?
A. You may use the software free of charge for any purposes including commercial ones BUT to be supported you have to pay for the Annual Software Support License.
Q. I am about to purchase this product but I wondering regarding updates/patches. What are the policies regarding updates? Do you provide them freely or as a purchase?
A. As a registered user, you will get free updates for one year from the date of purchase.
Once the new version is ready, this information will be e-mailed to all registered users. We will send updates via e-mail to those who request them.
Q. I have already ordered your software and want to view data relating to my order.
A. Just visit our Customer Care Center.